lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: AIX Y2K upgrade problem

From: Clair Wilson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: AIX Y2K upgrade problem
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 11:16:22 -0500 (EST)

Klaus

More info :

I found a usenet page which somebody had submitted with an exact problem
match.

Does the  "errno 9 is EBADF ("bad file number")" mean anything to you ?

Here is the quote from the usenet article :

>HTTP: Unable to connect to remote host for `http://www.ibm.com/' (errno =
9).

        errno 9 is EBADF ("bad file number").  The socket() call appears
to have returned garbage, or the subsequent select() call screwed it up,
so when used in the connect() call, it was judged a "bad file number".

        So...  who out there knows enough about the AIX
socket/select/connect
functions to figure out or guess what to do about this for v4.1.1?

Thank You

Mr. Clair Wilson
Internet Administrator
Mainframe System Programmer