lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev finding lynx.cfg and editor keys

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev finding lynx.cfg and editor keys
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 22:00:58 +0300 (MSK)

3-Feb-99 07:36 Mark E. Crane wrote:

>       Hi, these are related questions, I hope.  Currently I am using a
> network install of 2.8.1, and was wondering if it is possible to have a
> local copy of lynx.cfg in my user account so I can tweak the settings.
> I saw the flag for using an alternate .cfg, but I'm not sure how to find
> the original, or if lynx is capable of generating a local copy with
> existing settings.  I realize this is a question that needs to go to my
> sysadmin, probably, but was hoping there might be something I could do
> immediately.

Please do not hesitate consult with a documentation: press ? or H in lynx
and visit "Keystrokes" and "Line Editor" pages for key actions, also
visit Lynx Users Guide - there is an explicit section about lynx.cfg file
in Lynx 2.8.1

> Also, I was wondering if there is a list of key actions for within the
> "editor" window in forms.  Currently I know of

> ^a: beginning of line
> ^e: end of line
> ^u: erase line

> specifically, I'm trying to find if there is a way to insert a blank
> line within a form.

This in not possible with 2.8.1, actually, the editing of TEXTAREA
in a natural way was implemented last week
into the development version (2.8.2dev.15)
and several changes were made sice that,
so next week' dev16 should be expected as "stable"
for your purposes.