lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: [dev16] patch for an A-page

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev Re: [dev16] patch for an A-page
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 02:19:02 -0800

On Thu, Feb 11, 1999, Philip Webb (address@hidden) said:

| it's David who needs this, not me, but thanks anyway.

Yeah, I know.  But it was you that made that silly 10 min.
guesstimate ... :-) ...!

| i'ld say it's not worth using up a key for:

I'd have agreed with you, until I realized that there are
still quite a number of keys available, if upper case keys
are considered separately.

As it is, a/A was 100% redundant, so I gave "A" something
more useful to do.  (People don't *really* use lynx with
caps lock on, do they?)

| possibly it could be revised by someone later as part of  lynx.cfg
| or how about my other suggestion, to reset the List Page after  ^r ?

Doing the .cfg thing would burn up even more code, I do believe,
and I can see reasons for wanting to have both forms of lists
available, for differing circumstances.

As to your ^R suggestion ... that sounds like a good idea, though
it might be a bit more involved to implement, than just cloning an
existing function, as I did.  I'll leave that one entirely up to
you, as that "small programming exercise" that you mentioned :-) .

/kim