lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev ^Ve considered harmful

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev ^Ve considered harmful
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 16:31:14 -0500 (EST)

990115 various people discussed alternatives to  ^ve :

my vote is to retain  ^v , which is consistent meaning
`treat the following character as a command, not as input',
but change  e , which (as KW points out) prevents editing the doc's HTML:
a quick look at the Key Page shows  a d E r s z  all lack meanings
which could ever be wanted in this situation (in a textarea):
pick one to mean `rouse my editor to add to this textarea'.