lynx-dev

lynx-dev How to spawn an independent emacs window with the webpage in it

From: Instrct1
Subject: lynx-dev How to spawn an independent emacs window with the webpage in it?
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 17:00:26 -0500 (EST)

How to spawn an independent emacs window with the webpage in it?

I need some assistance regarding a basic question in lynx. In the
options I have emacs as my editor so that when I press e in a page,
the emacs window is spawned on top of the lynx window in the X
environment. The lynx window, however, goes blank. I want them to be
working simultaneously. The solution is to spawn emacs in the
background. For this I put an ampersand, which makes the two
independent. The problem is that the emacs window is a scratch
buffer. I need to find out the variable that contains the page
name. Many people, I am sure have found out how to do this and can
someone drop an explanation and also some more good customisation
ideas that they really enjoyed using during their experience with
lynx?

Also the emacs that is spawned in the X environment has double
spacing. I wonder how to fix it? It seems that it is due to the
html environment or macros being loaded. How do I find out where these
macros are located and what macros are being loaded. Then how do I
go about figuring out how to modifying them to fix this?