lynx-dev

lynx-dev Development annoyance when building with ncurses

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev Development annoyance when building with ncurses
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 18:44:49 -0800

While inserting various bits of debug code in GridText.c, I found
that when building with ncurses-4.2-latest, preprocessor directives
like:

 #if TRUE  /* [or FALSE] */
 #endif

are not recognized, and result in a gcc "parse error", though they
work fine when compiling with slang.

Yes, I know I can use "#if 1" or "#if 0", but using TRUE/FALSE symbols
make it easier to spot/grep the temp code when it's time to remove it,
etc.

Seems silly that ncurses would (re)define TRUE/FALSE in such a way as
to make such statements break, but perhaps there is a good reason for
it.

Tom ...?

/kim