lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev wget and lynx, download problem

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev wget and lynx, download problem
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 04:59:55 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 27 Feb 1999, Klaus Peter Wegge wrote:

> downloading for example http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/mailbox/log99-01
> with wget works fine, but very slow.
> Doing the same with lynx is very slow too, but never results in a
> complete download.

How slow?  Are you talking several hours?

> Downloading is finished incompletely without a comment.

Are you sure there is no comment?  Maybe there's a brief message
you missed?

Have you tried to load the same file in interactive mode with
'd'ownload?  If not, please do - it could be that there would
be a message then.

> This is the same for my linux, solaris and DOS machines.
> All using current versions of lynx and wget.

What does "current version" mean, have you tried the current
development code?  If not, please do - there have been changes
that *could* result in, at least, producing a message.

> It looks like something like a timeout in lynx which closes
> the connections on some conditions.
> Is there a way to get arround this problem?

We should first get a better idea what's happening.

    Klaus