lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev size_change code

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev size_change code
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 05:15:59 -0500 (EST)

> I have never had complete success changing the Lynx screen size and
> then filling the screen with a redraw. Does anyone use the function
> size_change in LYUtils.h? It seems to be be set by configure but in
> NetBSD and XFree86 (3.3.3), the resizing is funky. I've attached a
> session; not sure how it plays.

it's odd because you have to (in general) use ^R to reload the page,
forcing it to be rendered again.

complicating this - some systems will return from wgetch (or equivalent)
on SIGWINCH, and some won't - it's beyond our control afaik.

I've mostly used it on Linux (which does return), but can test on FreeBSD
(which iirc, doesn't).  It doesn't on Solaris, and used to on SunOS (though
that seems to not work as well under 4.1.3 as under 4.1.1).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden