lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Current version of Lynx for windows 98

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Current version of Lynx for windows 98
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 19:17:33 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, pat ferguson wrote:

> Could someone please send me the latest version of Lynx for Windows 98. My
> current version for Windows 95 is not working very well with Windows 98,
> and I couldn't find it on your web site.

There is only one port to Win32, which works with both Win95 and Win98.
I know of two precompiled versions available. It is easiest to set up
with the version available from Wayne Buttles' web site:
"http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/wlynx/lynx_w32.zip";

After you have it working, you might consider trying the executable from
the Japanese distribution, which is newer:
"ftp://crab.it.osha.sut.ac.jp/pub/Win32/develope/senshu/Lynx/lynx282j-990212.lzh";
If you try the Japanese version and want to use sendmail.exe as your
mailer, be sure to invoke it as "lynx -noblat" in your batch file. I
have used both distributions on Win98 successfully. Note that the
Japanese distribution is archived with the LHA archiver. If you don't
have this, you can get a version from:
"ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/sac/pack";
lha255e.exe will work in DOS or Windows. lha267.exe with the English
patch lha267e.exe works only in Windows.
                                Doug

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)