lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Fatal error in Lynx Ver. 2.5

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Fatal error in Lynx Ver. 2.5
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 02:45:31 -0400 (EDT)

990409 Randy Speaks wrote:
> Strangest thing happened tonight.
> Lynx has been working fine on my Linux 2.0.29 (i586).
> Now, whenever I execute lynx it crashes saying
>> A Fatal error has occurred in Lynx Ver. 2.5
>> Lynx now exiting with signal:  11
> No core file was dumped.
> The only unusual thing that happened before this was
> lynx hung up on a URL that was not responing
> and then my modem connection died (a normal thing after 2 hours).
> Furthermore, lynx still works fine if I run it as root.
> Only when I am logged on as my usual login name does it crash like this.
> Any ideas/help out there?

well first, it's hardly strange:
Lynx 2-5 dates from spring 1996 & the Internet has changed a lot since then!
get the latest 2-8-1 from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release
or try the latest development version from  sol.slcc.edu/lynx/current .
if you still have a problem, let us know full details,
esp the URL which is causing you trouble.