lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Fatal error in Lynx Ver. 2.5

From: Heather Stern
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Fatal error in Lynx Ver. 2.5
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 10:38:11 -0700 (PDT)

> 990409 Randy Speaks wrote:
> > Strangest thing happened tonight.
> >> Lynx now exiting with signal:  11
> > Furthermore, lynx still works fine if I run it as root.
> > Only when I am logged on as my usual login name does it crash like this.
> > Any ideas/help out there?

While Philip's answer is valid (lynx has changed a lot, you want a new
one) it doesn't answer what happened to your previously working copy.

Check your own login for environment variables that affect lynx, and
your dotfiles or dot directories for lynx control files.  Some control
data that's kept in your home now either contains wrong information or
has bad permissions.

"Sig 11" is rather like an MSwin GPF, it isn't really helpful, except
to advise that the program crashed, and may have mangled files it had open.
There's a HOWTO in the LDP about it that might shed some light for you.
        LDP Homepage: http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/

  . | .     Heather Stern                 |         address@hidden
--->*<--- Starshine Technical Services  - * - address@hidden
  ' | `   System Admin Support & Training |
  Any body suspended in space will remain in space until made aware of
  its situation.
        -- Esquire, "O'Donnell's Laws of Cartoon Motion", June 1980