lynx-dev

Re: path: revised lynx-dev.html

From: Chuck Martin
Subject: Re: path: revised lynx-dev.html
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 01:19:27 -0400

On Sun, Apr 11, 1999 at 07:56:11PM -0400, Philip Webb wrote:

> 990411 Leonid Pauzner wrote:
> >
> > Different users may have different screen width (not only 80 col)
> > and HTML documents will be rendered accordingly.
> > will not be good looking at different size. Nothing more.
>
> yes, but inserting <br> to force a line-break at a phrase-break
> will always shorten the line; people with very wide screens will need
> to hit the Space-bar a bit more often, that's all.

I think you missed Leonid's point.  Lynx may be running in a window
under some GUI (Windows or X) that has been resized to *less than* 80
columns.  This would mean that you'd see alternating long and short
lines, which really looks ugly.  Those of us who avoid GUIs unless
absolutely necessary would never notice this.

Chuck