lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx with -color and -lss

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx with -color and -lss
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 09:31:04 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 18 Apr 1999, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> > I agree that 2.8.2dev.N should be better.
>

> I tried the dev.22 vesion of color styles but configured it back out again
> when I noticed lynx tended (for me anyways) to write a line overtop
> of the expert mode URL display.

Hmm, I should have added "for some values of N"... :)

> I didn't report it here because I knew the average response was 'lss support
> is experimental' and I didn't have time this week to chase down any more
> details.  Perhaps someone else using lss if they are seeing a problem
> can report more details.

Maybe you know when this appeared?

This sounds like lynx's understanding of current position on the screen
and curses' understanding of it getting out of synch.  Or possibly
lynx and curses agree, but the terminal (or emulator, e.g. xterm) doesn't.
Could happen if "line wrapping" is set the wrong way (disagreement
between what curses thinks and terminal settings' reality), but normally
this shouldn't happen because lynx avoids writing to the last line
position (this is the reason only 79 positions are available in 80xNN
screen size).

   Klaus