lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev screen widths

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev screen widths
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 07:21:33 -0700

On Thu, Apr 22, 1999 at 09:07:09AM +0100, David Woolley wrote:

> > from which i conclude that people using screen widths
> > close to 79 chars would generally not bother to reply.
> > wide screens cost more money, implying users are a minority
> > who either get them thro' their employers
> > or choose to invest more of their own money in hi-tech equipment.

Maybe they cost more money, but they sure are getting cheaper!

I think I saw an ad for a 20-incher for something like $700 the
other day.  (Or maybe that was the extra cost over the supplied
15-inch for whatever pc-ad I glanced at).

----

Hey, if we want standards for widths, why don't we just have
all text start in column 7, and stop in 72.  (Remember THOSE
days?  "Continuation" mark in col 6.  :-(   )

David    :-)