lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Cookies and lynx2.8.2dev.24

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Cookies and lynx2.8.2dev.24
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 01:30:52 -0700

On Sat, Apr 24, 1999, address@hidden (address@hidden) said:

| > I am seeing the same problems - I have persistent cookies configured in
| > and am losing ALL cookies.   Rather annoying...
|
| I don't know: I took a look _at_ LYCookie.c, see that it's a single
| chunk where I replaced fgets with LYSafeGets - and I think that function's
| working properly since I debugged it to read lynx.cfg

Hmmm.  Something is certainly seriously amiss ... -dev.24 is writing a
0-length cookie-file for me too (FreeBSD 2.2.8-STABLE), even if I just
exit lynx immediately after having fired it up (no cookie'ish operations
performed).

Sorry I don't have the time at the moment to debug it, but I *did* want
to let you know that it does NOT seem to be a platform/compiler dependent
problem ...

/kim