lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.25d-cpp.patch.gz

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.25d-cpp.patch.gz
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 04:55:49 +0500 (SAMST)

On Fri, 7 May 1999, Philip Webb wrote:

> 990507 Vlad Harchev wrote (with a curious Date heading):
        Seems my battery is broken...
> > On Thu, 6 May 1999, Philip Webb wrote:
> >> did you intend that the files should show actual user choices too?
> > What user choices are you talking about? - please explain.
>
> eg  www.hippo.ru/~hvv/body.html  tells me the default is  ALERTSECS:3 ,
> but doesn't say what (your) setting is.
> that doesn't matter for your sample document,
> but if i wanted to use it everyday, i'ld like to know how i had set it.

  It's impossible to do this in persistent html - or body.html must be
generated on each invokation of lynx. But my patch also modifies LYReadCFG.c,
the screen that user gets after selecting 'O'ptions->"check your lynx.cfg
here". My patch turns setting names into hyperlinks; activating each
hyperlink gives description of this setting ( url for setting named "X" is
"$(helpdir)/lynxcfg/body.html#X"), so it's possible to see what settings are
read from lynx.cfg and what they mean.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad