lynx-dev

lynx-dev bug in lynx

From: Marco Costantini
Subject: lynx-dev bug in lynx
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 11:39:58 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,
on the system that I use (SunOS giove 5.7 Generic sun4u sparc
SUNW,Ultra-250),
the system manager has upgraded Lynx to the version 2.8.1rel.2.
When I tried to use the old bookmarks file, but Lynx said only the cryptic
message "Unable to open the bookmarks file":
Lynx doesn't say that the format of the bookmarks file has been changed.
You can reproduce this problem tring to use the latest version of Linx
with
a bookmarks file created by a previous version, such as 2.6.
I think that this is a bug: Lynx should be able to recognize the previos
formats of the bookmarks file and, after asking the user, to upgrade them.
Greetings,
Marco Costantini (address@hidden)