lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev where is 2.8.2???

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev where is 2.8.2???
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 08:04:21 -0400 (EDT)

> > > (if it were really automatic, there'd not be the spelling errors
> > > scattered
> > > through the html'ized version, which I corrected in my resync patch, but
> > > are not reflected in Vlad's version ;-)
> >
> > Hmm, perhaps you right ;-)
> > He have done several changes but I have not looked so close as you does.
>
>   Please, point some of them. Seems that I made very few modifications (~5)

Auxiliary is misspelled Auxilary.

-- each time I find (or am told about) a problem, I look for other occurrences,
   e.g., run ispell on the whole file.  Usually it's not the only occurrence.

-- on the whole, the idea is good (most of us agree to that).  But I'd
   prefer generating the two forms from a single file (perhaps markup
   the original lynx.cfg transparently).  Now that 2.8.2 is 'official',
   I'll start reviewing your patch.

> to make the description clearer (from my POV) and to make text structure more
>
> suitable for htmlization (if I made grammar error in the phrase
> 'in configuration file', then it can be fixed in a second - it's generated by
> the macro).
>
>   Anyway, I done conversion in ~8 hours of one day, so I was so tired to make
> spelling errors.

yes - that's my point.  it's a lot of work to do and keep in sync.

>   I'll place body.in and the patch to my homepage soon and will announce
> lynx-dev about location.

thanks.

--
Thomas E. Dickey