lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev sig11 on linux

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev sig11 on linux
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 19:36:22 -0500 (CDT)

> > running 'lynx' (w.  no args) on my linux 2.2.7/glibc2.1 box with a

What happens *with* args?

> > hand-compiled binary (egcs 1.1.x) with compile-time options for the new
> > colour scheme, the addrlist page, externals, and exec-links and
> > exec-scripts sigsevs before bringing up any sort of visual output on my
> > rxvt.  My ncurses version is 4.0.  Note that 2.8.2pre9 worked great on my
> > machine with approximately the same compile-time options (I think ;) , so
> > you might want to start by looking at recent changes to the code base (or
> > for something silly that I've overlooked).

What happens if you try from a text console?

Is STARTFILE in your lynx.cfg valid?

Try to run lynx under gdb:

  gdb ./lynx
  (gdb) run
  Starting program: ./lynx
  ... bad stuff happens ...
  (gdb) where

If you have a .lynx-keymaps file in your home directory, try
again after removing it.

   Klaus