lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNX FOR WIN 98

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX FOR WIN 98
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 14:18:00 -0400

On Sat, Jun 12, 1999 at 08:43:12PM +0800, Barbara & Malcolm Ellis wrote:
> I'm looking for some guidance and wonder if you would help me.
> Is there a downloadable version of Lynx "ready-to-run"  under
> Windows 98 ?
> If so, where could I get it ?
> Thanks,
> Malcolm Ellis

   A release of 2.8.2pre6 is available from:
   ftp://crab.it.osha.sut.ac.jp/pub/Win32/develope/senshu/Lynx/ This
   version differs from the development source for 2.8.2, but compiles on
   several Win32 compilers. The patches were done by Senshu Hiroyuki; we
   expect them to be integrated into the next version of Lynx. Pointers
   to Lynx for DOS386+ and Win32 is available from:
   http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm

I use Hiroyuki's version on both NT and Win98. It's great (and ready to
run)! You might need to modify the lynx.cfg file so that the default
character set is not Japanese, and to get a different startup page.
Write back to address@hidden if you need more details.

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says: