lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 2.8.3dev.2 patch 8 - reusing temp files

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.3dev.2 patch 8 - reusing temp files
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 04:08:07 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> 28-Jun-99 18:14 Klaus Weide wrote:
> > Some more explanation for REUSE_TEMPFILES, below:
>
> Nice solution!
> Another (expensive) step may be creating such pages as LYNXfoo:/ pages
> handled via HTStreamStack().

For some of those pages that makes more sense than for others.
(I think I suggested doing it for LYNXMESSAGES: a while ago.)

Actually, I kind of like the fact that some of the pages are available
as files under /tmp (or whereever).  You can copy them as files
for further reference, or start a new lynx instance on them, edit
(and then maybe revisit) them, view the *real* source.

Also I have doubts that adding more and more Lynx-private URL
schemes is such a good thing.

    Klaus