lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev README.TSST

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev README.TSST
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 04:47:36 +0500 (SAMST)

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Philip Webb wrote:

> 990714 Klaus Weide announced:
>[...]
>
> perhaps i've not understood fully what your patch will achieve,
> but it doesn't look difficult to have Lynx place the block above
> on several lines as intended by the author: it needs to remember
> the starting column, then continue the block on successive lines
> starting at the same column till the block has been presented in full;
> then it goes on with the next table line.  if it remembers the block,
> it can do the same even when it occurs in an earlier cell on the line,
> using starting/ending columns in those cases.

 As I understood, the logic selected will work ok with pages that are the one
big table with couple of cells (such logic will simulate more appropriate
current behaviour of lynx to such tables). And (as I understood) the key
feature of that patch is that it preseves the number of lines (in order to be
able to use fallback variant without the need of hard recalculating anchor
positions, etc).

>[...]

 Best regards,
  -Vlad