lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Now I got the error from idmb trying to get StudioBrief fro

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Now I got the error from idmb trying to get StudioBrief from cron job.. here's the message
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:49:28 -0500 (CDT)

Going back to the message in question...

>      So called 'web-accelerators' can be a nuisance and we don't want
>      them here. We can't block these programs but what we can do is send
>      this page instead of whatever the software asked for every time.
>      Please disable your URL prefetching 'web accelerators' to avoid
>      loss of service.

Reading between the lines, they are saying that they do not send the
requested content "every time".  I.e. they sometimes, occasionally,
sporadically, send something else.  Namely this very page I am quoting
from.

Every attempt to figure out what's going on that is based on the
assumption that same inputs create same outputs must fail here.

   Klaus