lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 2.8.2rel.1 crash

From: Heather
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.2rel.1 crash
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:07:30 -0700 (PDT)

Klaus Weide (address@hidden):

Kim said:
> FWIW ...
>
> Works fine with both my dev.3 and dev.4 builds ... don't have anything
> earlier setup to test with ATT.
>
> /kim

I'm using "shipping versions" of the browser straight out of Linux disties,
so I have these older revs :)

On my SuSE 6.0 box (Lynx Version 2.8rel.2) = both link and usemap worked
fine.  Fancy images do not appear to be offered.

On a fairly fresh debian system (slink, fairly few things installed, but
of course lynx is one of them) Lynx Ver. 2.8.1rel.2 died on signal 11.
I had fancy images on.  When I went into lynx without this monster, and
turned off fancy images, it works fine.

On a Redhat system (not sure, probably 6.0) Lynx Ver. 2.8.1pre.9 with
fancy images died on signal 11. (and dumped core.) With verbosity turned
off it was also fine.

On an oldfart Redhat 4.2 system, Lynx 2.6 didn't have any problem.  Of
course fancy images weren't available way back then.

So there you have it, a short list of what some Linux disties ship with,
and a joining of the bug report roll call at the same time :)

* Heather