lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.6 - CHANGES nits

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.6 - CHANGES nits
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 11:18:08 +0400 (MSD)

15-Aug-99 14:38 Klaus Weide wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Aug 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:
>> 13-Aug-99 11:07 Klaus Weide wrote:
>>
>> > s/if occasionally/even if/ ?
>>
>> Perhaps this one would be better:
>>
>> * LYCopyFile():  Thanks to Hiroyuki Senshu, DOS-based systems needs no cp.exe
>>   binary any more.  The code was originally ifdef'ed with SH_EX;  now defined
>>   with DOSPATH so used automatically by any dos/windows port, not used for
>>   UNIXes (permissions?) -LP

> Yes, it is more readable.

> Using DOSPATH for this is ugly, IMHO.  It continues inflation of that
> macro to mean yet one more thing.  Whether to 'cp' or not 'cp' has
> not much to do with the form of filenames...

The comment below (and implied *_PATH definitions) ifdef'ed with DOSPATH in
userdefs.h so LYCopyFile() variant should be ifdef'ed that way at least.

> Btw, can/should this text now be changed?  In userdefs.h:

> **  Currently, if compiled with -DUSE_ZLIB and without -DDIRED_SUPPORT
> **  (default), the following from the list below are required:
> **  COPY_PATH (cp.exe) - needed for file downloading
> **  MV_PATH   (mv.exe) - for bookmark handling (DEL_BOOKMARK command)

Yes, the string about "cp.exe" should be removed (or commented out) for now
(I thought on it before doing changes but forget at last moment).

Not sure about MV_PATH - the code in LYBookmark.c is not clear for me
but _seems_ MV_PATH now unused when compiled with SH_EX (need some more work).