lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev User Agent

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev User Agent
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 09:14:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Kim DeVaughn wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 23, 1999, Ismael Cordeiro (address@hidden) said:
> |
> | > I've been trying to access  <http://www.850koa.com/>  and/or
> | > <http://www.koaradio.com/>  for awhile now, but haven't hit on
> | > a User Agent string that works.  Suggestions ...?
> |
> | Changing the user_agent string won't make you access www.koaradio.com.
> | Try
> |
> | http://www.850koa.com/no_javascript.htm
> |
> | and
> |
> | http://www.850koa.com/2b/index.htm
>
> Thanks ... both of those work.  Guess I could've/should've taken a look
> at the source for the original page myself, and found those :-) .
>
> Seems that their browser type detection code is broken,

I don't know JavaScript but I don't think it is. It seems that, even if you
access the page with a browser supporting JavaScript, access is given only
to Netscape and MSIE.

> not to mention that the text of the error-message-page itself is also
> busted (the last few lines don't get rendered, though I'm not sure why),
> not that that would have helped getting to either of the non-js pages ...

<A HREF="http://www.microsoft.com/ie/ie50/ >clicking here.</a>
                                          ^

         It's just an ending " missing here

By pressing " you'll see the rest.

Ismael
       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden      |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://www.ismael.cordeiro.com/ |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael/ |