lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.7

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.7
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 09:29:12 +0900 (JST)

> * let CJK charsets default to 7 Bit Approximations.  Needed to display entitie
>   in the decimal 160-255 range.  (Restore behavior before the changes made to
>   declarations of charsets on 1999-03-04) -HN

Maybe I can make a comment without stepping on anyone's toes except
Tom's.  This piece of code should never have been incorporated into
_even_ development code.  Although it took this effort to get some
real programmers to take a serious look at the problem, quite obviously
it is mistaken code which does nothing more than sweep the dust under
the carpet.  Tom, the buck stops with you.  You are the only quality
assurance Lynx has.  Please wield a bigger stick.  Expect more from
Lynx-devers.  When shoddy work shows up on your desk, shove it back
at the person who did it until it is done right.  Thank you.

__Henry