lynx-dev

lynx-dev re: Lynx does not save to disk

From: megelasr
Subject: lynx-dev re: Lynx does not save to disk
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 17:49:06 +0200

 hello everyone
on Sat, 25 Sep Doug KAUFMANN wrote:

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, megelasr wrote:

> 1. Lynxw32 (2.8.2. > do not save download files to disk.

You will need to give us more information to help. Not only may the
version be relevant, but also exactly where you got the binary, how
you set it up, and how you invoked it. Please also let us know your
operating system and where in your system you placed lynx. Directory
structure can be tricky in Windows. Did you put lynx in a directory
directly off root to make things easier?.

I downloaded the binary file from
http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/
<!-- Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 19:01:20 GMT -->
It is the Lynx W32 version.

Lynx is seated in the directory \lynx defined in the lynx.bat (in the
windir)
as home directory.
here is the content of lynx.bat:

@ECHO OFF
set term=vt100
set home=c:\lynx
set temp=c:\tmp
set lynx_cfg=c:\lynx\lynx.cfg
set user=Raoul MEGELAS
c:\lynx\lynx.exe %1 %2 %3 %4 %5

 In fact, now I can say that lynx downloads quite well the file;
It stores the file correctly in the tmp dir,
(in a Dos box I saw the file: exemple 14292907.zip in this case, and copied
it
of course!). When I accept the given filename, here msvibm.zip, it removes
the temporary file without saving the given file; it does not copy anything
in other words.
 Here is the extract of the trace file:
HTAccess: `ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/archives/msvibm.zip' has been
accessed.
LYRemoveTemp(c:\tmp\24292907.htm)
...LYRemoveTemp done(0)
LYRemoveTemp(c:\tmp\14292907.zip)
...LYRemoveTemp done(-1)

Lynx returns to the "save to disk menu" (with local options quite blank, so
I press left arrow
to return to the previous page.

Please, What I must do?

> 2. what to do when a site accepts only netscape or ie browser?

How do you know that only netscape or ie are accepted? Messages on
your screen about frames are frequently incorrect. Do you have a
specific URL that gives you trouble? If the site uses javascript, lynx
may not be able to be used.

 The site is cdmail.fr. I do not know if it is a javascript site
but I cannot access it, and I am warned that IE or Netscape is wanted.
That's all.

 Many thanks.
 Raoul  MEGELAS