lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Getting image in the screen and source from command line (f

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Getting image in the screen and source from command line (fwd)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 05:29:43 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, L R RAMESH wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:
> > What do you get when you try -source - some error messages, or
> > nothing at all?
> when we try as        lynx -source filename
> no error message is coming. Instead it act like no option is there
> ie.. it get into lynx web browser loading the filename.
> >
> > You may want to try -trace together with -source and see what it says.
> >
> This give the trace of the file and getting into lynx browser
>
> > Also try combining -source with -dump (this is just a wild guess).
> >
> Only dump result is coming.
>
> > Is there anything special about the URL (or filename)?  For example,
> > is it compressed?
> >
> No special URL (or filename).

Well, it's hard to imagine how this would happen by accident.  It
looks like -source is unrecognized, but all lynx versions I know of
complain about unreconnized arguments.  So my gess is that the ISP
people have changed lynx to disable it intentionally.

Maybe the -mime_header option works...

Otherwise I can only suggest to get a different lynx, or get a
different ISP.

   Klaus