lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev something wrong with LYNXKEYMAP

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev something wrong with LYNXKEYMAP
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 07:36:31 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Henry Nelson wrote:

> > >           TERMCAP=SC|screen|VT 100/ANSI X3.64 virtual terminal:\
> >
> > It seems this is only the first line of several.
>
> TERM=screen
> TERMCAP=SC|screen|VT 100/ANSI X3.64 virtual terminal:\

to extract just the interesting parts: (rearranged)

                 kI=\E[2~:kh=\E[1~:kP=\E[5~:\
                :kD=\E[3~:@7=\E[5~:kN=\E[6~:kH=\E[4~:

Compared to what you put in your termcap file for SC:

> >             :kI=\E[1~:kh=\E[2~:kP=\E[3~:\
> >             :kD=\E[4~:@7=\E[5~:kN=\E[6~:\

I believe your termcap entry is useless.  Any termcap-using
program will use the stuff from the environment, not from the
file.

The stuff in the environment TERMCAP variable is created by screen,
it's better than your attempt to override it because it reflects screen's
mappings, but screen seems to have made some errors.  Note "\E[5~"
occurs twice (for previous-page and end key), and "\E[4~" is kH that is
(according to 'man 5 terminfo') "lower-left key (home down)" - whatever
that means it isn't end key which it should be.

  Klaus