lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev off-topic musings, was "error uncompressing temp file"

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: Re: lynx-dev off-topic musings, was "error uncompressing temp file"
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 08:40:13 -0600

On Sat, Oct 23, 1999, Klaus Weide (address@hidden) said:

| > Why pay someone for email services when you can get them for free?
|
| Well, my question was "Why would someone with a working mail setup use
| them at all?"  I.e. someone like you who already has email working fine.
| Presumably most people pay for email service when they pay for access,
| so why not use it instead of hoping for a free lunch.

I've found having a few such "free" mailboxen very useful for testing
purposes (eg, working on various mutt features, and more recently with
the lynx ssl patch [a`la hotmail]).  Etc.

Granted, that isn't "typical" usage, however.

Don't recall ever having used any of mine to actually send anyone any
non-test messages ... probably largely because all of their interfaces
are such ugly, beastly things to use ...

/kim