lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev "soft newline" and source searching (was: another largis

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev "soft newline" and source searching (was: another largish patch)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 17:49:30 +0400 (MSD)

26-Oct-99 06:54 Klaus Weide wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

>> There is a close long-standing problem with search in source "\" mode
>> when the word trancated with LY_SOFT_NEWLINE will not be found
>> while in "normal" mode it does. Seems LYStrings.c functions of that class
>> serve the behaviour.

> Seems it is broken as designed, if I understand what you mean.

> When "foobar" gets broken and displayed like

>   ........................................foo |
>   +bar                                        |

> I can search for "foo" and "bar" and both get found as expected.
> If that didn't work, some detail would have to be fixed.

> If you want "foobar" to be found in that situation, you have to
> extend the search mechanism.  Not a small fix.

Well, reading this thread I realize that extending search mechanism
for the next line is something different than ignoring special character.

The point was taken right: when I see "foobar" in normal mode and I want
to see what is the html source around there I press "\" and obviously
try to search for "foobar" but sometimes fail to get matching...