lynx-dev

lynx-dev internationalizing menu options

From: Tijs van Bakel
Subject: lynx-dev internationalizing menu options
Date: 31 Oct 1999 14:46:00 +0100

Hi,

I've been trying to localize the lynx messages to Dutch, but I have
found some problems translating the hotkey-menus like this one:

msgid " H)elp O)ptions P)rint G)o M)ain screen Q)uit"
      "/=search [delete]=history list \n"

For these interactive menus it might be useful if the hotkeys could be
changed to letters that are more meaningful in another language.

What is the current opinion on this subject? Will lynx support other
keys for other languages, or should I use the existing hotkeys to keep
the interface consistent, or even a combination of both -- if at all
possible?

If other keys can be used, then how will this be possible to the
translators?

Thanks in advance,
--
Tijs van Bakel, <address@hidden>