lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev yahoo cookies not working the same in 2.8.3.dev15

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev yahoo cookies not working the same in 2.8.3.dev15
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 09:10:22 -0500 (EST)

From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>
> I repeat the question:
>
> Have you *told* lynx to read your cookie file?
>
> It seems you could have saved yourself a lot of work by reading CHANGES.

<side issue>
If we are going to conjecture on my saving time, it seems to me that
I could have saved myself a lot of work if I wasn't expected to read
hundreds of k of cryptic notes to figure out how to use a program I've
been using for a number of years.
</side issue>

I've no idea what you are asking me Klaus.  Obviously after using
Lynx for all this time, something has changed.  Are you saying I now
have to type a key or special flag to tell lynx to read a cookie file?

If you don't have patience today to deal with such matters, feel free
to ignore my questions.  I will muddle along somehow.  For whatever
reason, the words "told lynx to read your cookie file" are not parsing
into an obvious action I'm expected to take ...

And yes, I've read the CHANGES file - I see 133 references to "cookie".

As I mentioned in my previous mailing, I have a cookie file name specified
in my lynxrc file.  What does lynx now need in order for it to read the
cookie jar?

--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>
-><-