lynx-dev

lynx-dev Lynx interprets <a/> as </a>?

From: Marco De la Cruz
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx interprets <a/> as </a>?
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 13:47:56 -0500

Hi,

I wrote a page which looks fine with Lynx
but a couple of days later I took a glimpse
at it with Netscape and I noticed something
wrong with the first link. It seems I mistyped
<a/> instead of </a>, but Lynx didn't seem
to mind at all. This doesn't sound right.

I'm CCing this to the w3m developer because
the problem seems to be invisible to w3m
also (I don't have colour, though, maybe
it's obvious then). "Links", however,
explictly showed me the incorrect <a/>,
leaving no doubt about my mistake. This
seems to me to be a reasonable behaviour
(though I may be wrong).

Anyway, the example page is at:
http://128.100.80.13/marco/badclosing.html

Best regards,