lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx and -term=ansi

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx and -term=ansi
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 04:12:17 -0800

On or about 06 Dec, 1999, Adonis Vargas
<address@hidden> wrote:

> im running Lynx from a shell being supplied by shellyeah.org,
> when i run lynx with the option -term=ansi so it can run lynxin
> my ansi emulation, but it doesnt seem to work, if i change to
> vt100 though it works just fine, any ideain what i can do to
> make it run on my ansi emulation? it has run before on other
> boxes i have telnetted to under ansi mode, this just sems to be
> the first to not work, i dont think its a software error, more
> config error on the server side, but wondering if there was a
> better way to overridethe servers term emulation

Since shellyeah's site mentions, more than once, using a
telnet app that supports vt100, not ansi, emulation, it seems
they've decided not to support ansi.  Conscious decision, not
configuration error, I'd say.

Depending on the set-up on their end, it might be that you could
set up your own termcap/terminfo/whatever to make it work, but
that's between you, them, and your favorite UNIX reference work,
I'm afraid.  I don't think it's a lynx issue.

Then again, I'm no guru, and could be wrong.

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>