lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev dev.18 patch: USE_PRETTYSRC, lynx.cfg

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev.18 patch: USE_PRETTYSRC, lynx.cfg
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 01:59:26 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 8 Jan 2000, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> Thanks Tom, renaming USE_PSRC with USE_PRETTYSRC consistently seems a
> good idea (Oops, DOS makefiles were overlooked [patch attached], see
> also Borland makefile).
>
> As for HTMLSRC_*:blah-blah it was choosen the best name PRETTYSRC_SPEC::
> since it deals with -prettysrc and assume something "special":))
> could we interpret `spec' this way also?

What's the advantage in having two ways to explain "_SPEC"?
"SPEC" as abbreviation for "specification" seems more usual to me.

> Looking onto lynx.cfg options list (cfg2html.pl is a nice tool for this),
> >      * PRETTYSRC_VIEW_NO_ANCHOR_NUMBERING
> >      * HTMLSRC_ATTRNAME_XFORM
> >      * HTMLSRC_TAGNAME_XFORM
> >      * PRETTYSRC_SPEC
>
> I think first three should also be grouped and renamed to another entry,
> PRETTYSRC:: as a more understandable data from user point of view -
> case conversion and work around a special case when links are numbered:
>
> PRETTYSRC:ATTRNAME_CASE:*
> PRETTYSRC:TAGNAME_CASE:*
> PRETTYSRC:NO_ANCHOR_NUMBERING:*

I like this.

The only "problem" with grouping options like this (making them
suboptions of another) is that parsing them in LYReadCFG.c needs
a function.  But two of the three above were already functions
anyway, rather than simple variables or strings.

   Klaus