lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Converting HTML to Text with Lynx

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Converting HTML to Text with Lynx
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 12:03:15 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Larry W. Virden wrote:
>Re: -crawl
>
>lynx -dump -crawl indeed did the trick at least for my lynx.cfg setup.

Maybe I'm being too picky about word choice, but I was given this workaround
however many months ago I asked about it and have been using it.

I guess I am being picky about word choice, but I don't really understand
why -crawl turns off link numbering.

   -crawl           with -traversal, output each page to a file
                    with -dump, format output as with -traversal, but to stdout

I'm using:
/usr/local/bin/lynx -crawl -useragent=Lynx -nolist -dump http://www
.imdb.com/StudioBrief

I'm using -dump, but why isn't -dump by itself turning off link numbering?