lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: current_codepage error during linking

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: current_codepage error during linking
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 23:29:31 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Webmaster Jim wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 08:57:26AM -0600, Klaus Weide wrote:
> > I have to take issue with the formulation "to allow Japanese language
> > displays".  That sounds as if there had been no support for Japanese at
> > all before those changes, which is far from the truth.
>
> Sorry, that was poorly worded on my part.  Hiroyuki added extensively
> to the Win32 port of Lynx, including changes to the CJK support.
> His patches were merged in to the development version of Lynx,
> reviving the work done several years ago by Wayne Buttles.
>
> (Is that less issue-laden? :-)

Certainly. :)  Just didn't want to let new readers get the impression that
this is something completely new.

CHANGES trivia:  earliest occurrence of "CJK":

06-14-96
* Worked in the expanded CJK (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) escape sequence and
  Kanji handling from Takuya ASADA's June 11, 1996 Lynx2-5CJK (available in
  ftp://ftp.three-a.co.jp/pub/www/lynx). - FM

Earliest occurrence of "Japanese":

03-26-96
* Added "first pass" support for Japanese character translations, based on
  patches for Lynx2-4-1 by Takuya Asada (address@hidden).
  Is to be checked out by Nelson Henry Eric (address@hidden)
  because I have no way to check it here. [...]

    Klaus