lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Unsupported URL scheme

From: Michael Warner
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Unsupported URL scheme
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 23:11:09 -0800

On or about 11 Feb, 2000, Michael Warner
<address@hidden> wrote:

        [concerning ftp'ing through a proxy]

> The proxy sticks in a lot of other junk, too, that until now
> I was blaming on the ftp servers. ftp_proxy has now been duly
> commented out in my lynx.cfg, and my world is a little brighter
> place.
>
> Anybody know if that's configurable in the proxy?  If it is, I
> might be able to convince the local sys-admin to do something
> about it.  Somehow I doubt that un-escaping those colons
> qualifies as "best practice".

Never mind.  The proxy isn't intended for ftp, anyway, according
to the "auto-config" file you give netscape to tell it what to
do about proxying.  I guess I should've figured out that it
didn't make too much sense going through a caching proxy for ftp,
anyway.  Not too many repeat requests for a given file, I don't
imagine.

Netscape doesn't seem to have any qualms about un-escaped colons
in the URL's, though.  Escapes them internally, maybe?

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>