lynx-dev

lynx-dev http referer problem

From: Esa Pikkarainen
Subject: lynx-dev http referer problem
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 16:17:45 +0200

Hi Lynx folks,
I am making a dynamic WWW serice and I try to make it browser
independet - in practice is should be accessible also from Lynx.
But I found a strange problem: Lynx (Lynx/2.8.2rel.1 libwww-FM/2.14)
does not send the referer header if that referer address would
containd a query string. Is this a bug or by desing?
Should I stop relying on referer headers or wait that future Lynxes
will send them een with query strings?
(I mean URLs like http://www.com/index.ihtml?step=true)

thanks
Esa Pikkarainen