lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: Administrivia: List "reply" address

From: Byrial Jensen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Administrivia: List "reply" address
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 08:31:13 +0200

On Sun, May 07, 2000 at 20:14:57 -0500, Mike Castle wrote:
> If I want to reply to the poster, then I have to do extra work (change the
> To: header).

You can tell Mutt to ignore the Reply-To: header. See about the
"reply_to" and "ignore_list_reply_to" configuration variables in
Mutt's manual.

You might for example want to have this in your .muttrc:

subscribe lynx-dev
set ignore_list_reply_to

Now "r" (reply) will give a personal reply to the poster, "L"
(list-reply) will post to the list, and "g" (group-reply) sends to
both.

If it is intentional that you ask for personal copies of list-replys
to your messages in your Mail-Followup-To: header, then you should
continue to use the "lists" command instead of "subscribe".

Users of Mutt 1.0.x should also use "lists", because the "subscribe"
command is new and only in the development versions (Mutt 1.1.x).

--
Byrial
http://www.image.dk/~byrial/