lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Emacs + UTF-8 + Lynx

From: Sergei Pokrovsky
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Emacs + UTF-8 + Lynx
Date: 30 May 2000 19:51:07 +0700

  Larry> From: Sergei Pokrovsky <address@hidden>

  >> I could not find in the docs anything about cutting text from
  >> Lynx to the clipboard.  I tried to do it, but first, I've got a
  >> much larger piece (from the beginning to the mouse pointer), and
  >> second, the Unicode is spoiled.  (It works OK for Lynx launched
  >> inside Emacs.)
  >>
  >> Probably I miss something.  I'd expect that to be mentioned in
  >> the FAQ.

  Larry> As far as I am aware, lynx has no function supporting cutting
  Larry> text from lynx into a clipboard.  That functionality would be
  Larry> documented and supported under your windowing software.

Well, it is supported in xterm, but it becomes broken when I start
lynx (in that same xterm).  I can select a region, press "Copy" and
then "Paste" with my Sun keyboard when I am not in lynx (or when I
start shell from within lynx via `!'); but while browsing a HTML page,
I do not see the selected region until I press "Copy", and then the
whole upper part is selected from the beginning to the mouse pointer.

Hm, there is no such misbehavior in an ASCII page (normally I view
UTF-8 pages).  But UTF-8 misbehave even when I select an ASCII-only
fragment.

Still, if I cat a utf-8 file in an inner shell session, it does show
the selected region, and does copy just the selection.

--
Sergei