lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Command not found on make.. [../../Library/solaris2/libwww

From: Roy Harrison
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Command not found on make.. [../../Library/solaris2/libwww.a] Error 127
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 13:17:19 -0700

Thanks Mark, All

for the responses.

The make went fine after I put the directory for ar in my path (i never heard of ar before) but when I tried to run it it blew up on a message of
Configuration file /opt/LYNX271/lib/lynx.cfg not available.

Since it's quite apparent from all your comments that I have an older version of Lynx I'm just going to start over with a newer one.

Again...thanks all for the input...it was much appreciated.

Roy

At 07:30 PM 06/01/2000 -0400, you wrote:
Roy Harrison wrote:
>I got the following error message when doing a "make solaris2"
>
>make[1]: ar: Command not found
>make[1]: *** [../../Library/solaris2/libwww.a] Error 127
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/bin/lynxin/WWW/Library/solaris2'
>make: *** [solaris2] Error 2

ar is in /usr/ccs/bin.  You should have /usr/ccs/bin in your PATH if you
intend on doing development work or building programs (like Lynx) from
source.

>I can't find a libwww.a file anywhere.

That's because the ar command is supposed to create it.

I haven't seen "make platform" used to build Lynx in quite some time - "sh
configure && make" does the trick now.  Be sure you have the most up-to-date
sources (2.8.3) from http://lynx.isc.org/release/.

Mark

--
Do not reply directly to this e-mail address
--

"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the "Universe,"
a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself,

- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

The Natural Law Party www.naturallaw.org