lynx-dev

lynx-dev file uploads and content-transfer-encoding

From: H. Nanosecond
Subject: lynx-dev file uploads and content-transfer-encoding
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 04:34:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

Lynx 2.8.3.rel1 with file-uploads enabled in configure
sends the files base64 encoded, but there is no content-transfer-encoding
tag givin. You can see this, for example, at
http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/upload.html if you use tracing
(Control-T), and RFC 1521 says

   bAsE64 are all equivalent.  An encoding type of 7BIT requires that
   the body is already in a seven-bit mail-ready representation.  This
   is the default value -- that is, "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT" is
   assumed if the Content-Transfer-Encoding header field is not present.

and 7bit is equivalent in this case to 'none' which I believe is not correct.

(Although I did a telnet to htmlhelp.com and sent this header and it
still didn't work)

Thank you.