lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Bug with 'g'<tab><tab>?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Bug with 'g'<tab><tab>?
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 05:42:26 -0400

On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 09:34:06PM -0300, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:

> I visited ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/ typing 'fgo' at the 'j' prompt
> I visited freshmeat.net typing freshmeat.net at the 'g' prompt
>
> Then I want to go back to ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/ using the 'j' prompt,
> but only typing 'j'+f<tab>. Needless to say, I get the URL freshmeat.net
> at the jumps prompt, and it of course doesn't work. 'j'+fg<tab> works.
> What I'm trying to understand is why Lynx isn't using separete buffers
> for 'j'umps and 'g'oto (and maybe other prompts) if they don't seem
> to be shared. Any downside?

it's not implementing g'oto because that chunk of code is currently only
inline in the two places where it's supported.  I intend to move that into
a common function so I can reuse it in this instance (that's roughly another
1/3 of the total work I see for this feature).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com