lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Using other HTML parsers in Lynx

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Using other HTML parsers in Lynx
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 15:00:33 +0500 (SAMST)

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Mooneer Salem wrote:

 If you really want to integrate this parser into lynx (yet another parsing
mode) ) recommend you to look at WWW/Library/Implementation/{SGML.c,HTMLDTD.c}
 - these are huge files. If you want to dulicate functionality that is already
there - good luck (200Kb of code). Are you going to handle unicode, CJK
languages, plus syntax highlighting mode? I don't think so it will worth the
efforts - I don't have any major and even minor complaints to
SGML/XML(incomplete)/HTML/ parser already in the lynx.

 Thanks for your efforts.

> The main library itself is just a function with a bunch of callbacks:
>
> declCallBack <- for <!doctype> style tags
> startCallBack
> endCallBack  <--- for start and end tags
> textStartCallBack
> textCallBack
> textEndCallBack
> commentStartCallBack
> commentCallBack
> commentEndCallBack
>
> I was thinking of making an interface where certain functions are
> called based on the HTML tag as well as this generic interface.
> In either case it should be easy to add support for Javascript.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad