lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Still learning about what Goes Wrong.

From: Martin McCormick
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Still learning about what Goes Wrong.
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 13:51:27 -0500

Mike Castle writes:
>Have you, perchance, emailed them and let them know how much you appreciate
>the work they put into making the page accessible?  I'm certain that such a
>site would love such feed back.  Especially if the maintainer of the site
>ever needs support from the user community (or the boss the make sure they
>do things right).

        I certainly did and I got an answer just yesterday July
30.  The director of Internet activities for the television
station wrote back and explained that
        The philosophy that she uses at their site is to make it
accessible to as many different browsers as possible.
She has tried to keep things as low-tech as practical and has
attempted to use as little java and JS as she can get by with.

        In other words, it works in lynx because it is as generic
as she can make it.

        While I wish there were more technical people like her in the
world, I didn't learn anything that is transferable to
anywhere else.  This person deliberately has kept their version
of MS Frontpage at the Frontpage97 level, but I know exactly what
would happen if I suggested that course to most other site
operators.

        Letting well-run site operators know that their site
works for you is a good thing simply because there aren't enough
"at-a-boy's" in the world and it may influence future upgrades by
reminding the site operators that it isn't all Netscape and Ie.