lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.4 with OpenSSL

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.4 with OpenSSL
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 07:17:26 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Patrick Ash   wrote:

> I was able to get this to work with a little effort. I was not ever
> able to define [sl]rand48 to [s]random anywhere and have it
> recognized throughout the compile.

actually, what I've done (in my pending changes) is to define another
symbol my_srand to srand/srandom/srand48, since redefining one of the
existing symbols just makes it difficult to compile.

(I'm about 80% through dev.17, will check in once I'm done ironing out
the last code change I made...)

> In looking at the archives, I found a post from Doug Kaufman on 11
> Oct. 2000, and it referenced some code. I added the following to
> http.c, and the compile completed without problem.
>
> #ifdef USE_SSL
> #include <HTNews.h>
>
> // Add new OS/2 code here
> #define lrand48() rand()/32767.0
> #define srand48(sv) (srand((unsigned)(sv)))
> //  End new code
>
> #endif
>
> The finished build seems to work fine, and passes high encryption
> testing at several security checking sites.
>
> Pat
>
> On Sat, 3 Feb 2001 15:29:51 -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
>
> >On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 02:59:36PM +0000, Patrick Ash   wrote:
> >> I am trying to build Lynx 2.8.4 Dev.16 for OS/2 and include SSL
> >> support. I have built OpenSSL 0.9.6 for OS/2, and am now trying to
> >> link it to the Lynx package.
> >>
> >> I can build Lynx without SSL support without problem, but whenever I
> >> specify SSL support, the bake goes fine until the actual link
> >> process. I then get the following error:
> >
> >Ilya did report this --
> >
> >I've added a configure check for dev.17 which will check for srand/rand,
> >srandom/random or srand48/lrand48 (in that order).

T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com
ftp://dickey.his.com