lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.17

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.17
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 09:09:17 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, Thomas Dickey said:

> Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 22:00:49 -0500
>
> 2001-02-08 (2.8.4dev.17)
> * implement left/right scrolling and line-wrap toggle using '{', '}' and '|'
>   characters, respectively.  This uses SVr4 curses/ncurses pads to make the
>   whole screen treated as a viewport into a very wide screen -TD
> * make do_check_goto_URL() table-driven to simplify it as well as combine the

    A Fatal error has occurred in Lynx Ver. 2.8.4dev.17

    Please notify your system administrator to confirm a bug, and
    if confirmed, to notify the lynx-dev list.  Bug reports should
    have concise descriptions of the command and/or URL which causes
    the problem, the operating system name with version number, the
    TCPIP implementation, and any other relevant information.

    Do NOT mail the core file if one was generated.

    Lynx now exiting with signal:  11

    Abort(coredump)
    address@hidden:175$ uname -a
    SunOS sanitas 5.6 Generic_105181-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10

                    Lynx Trace Log (2.8.4dev.17)

    User message: Trace ON!
    GETCH: Got 0x3d.
    LYReadCmdKey(0) ->= (0x3d)
    LYOpenTemp(,.html,w)
    stop_curses: done.

Happened first time I pressed '=' to go to Info Page.

Early warning.  I'll analyze the dump later.  Last time I had this, a NULL
was being passed to a Curses routine.  Slang and Ncurses tolerated it;
Old Curses got a SIGSEGV.

-- gil
--
StorageTek